REPORTS TO: Head of IT Infrastructure & Operations
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
• Lead the Data Center team to architect, implement and support reliable, secure, and cost-efficient cloud and datacenter solutions for internal and external customers.
• To translate business requirements for ICT services into technical deliverables within BTC’s Data Center environment.
• To manage the core Data Center and IT infrastructure as well as the development and execution of the associated operational plans, policies and processes.
• Oversee operational Data Center projects and activities to ensure they are delivered to meet requirements.
• Effectively manage operational Supplier performance and repairs and maintenance contracts including Supplier selection, software licensing compliance, software license and support contract agreements and renewals as well as due diligence.
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• Six (6) years’ experience in the IT field. Experience working in an ITIL compliant environment.
• Three (3) years’ experience in the management of an IT Data Center in an emerging market environment will be an added advantage.
LEGAL CERTIFICATION / PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
• Virtualization Certification with advanced working experience e.g. VMware ESXi (VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization), HyperV, Fusionsphere
• AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner/AWS Certified Solutions Architect
• Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Expert
• Huawei Certified ICT Associate (Cloud)
• Certified Data Center Facilities Operations Manager (CDFOM)
• Certified Data Center Professional (CDCP)
• Membership of a relevant professional association/body
Remuneration: The Company offers a competitive compensation package, commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience.
If you fit the bill, kindly send your application, latest CV and certified copies of certificates and Identity document (OMANG) to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: General Manager – Support Services and Human Resources, P.O Box 700 Gaborone
NB: We respond to shortlisted candidates only.
CLOSING DATE: 22nd September 2023