REPORTS TO: General Manager Finance
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
• To manage BTC’s asset management capability within the framework of an agreed business strategy and to meet tactical targets for return on investment, profitability and customer satisfaction
• To provide professional corporate asset life cycle management
• To manage corporate Fixed Asset Register and prepare financial reports in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Develop and maintain a BTC Asset Life Cycle Management policy covering asset life and replacements.
• Manage regular reporting in line with International Financial Reporting standards on acquisitions, asset life, depreciation, taxation and disposal.
• Develop a comprehensive BTC asset optimization plan, undertake utilization audits and recommend appropriate levels on investment
• Develop a highly productive, skilled and motivated workforce in the Asset Management Department
• Monitor asset acquisition from project initiation, procurement governance, budget monitoring, project build (work in progress) and commissioning.
• Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent qualification.
• Masters’ Degree in Business administration will be an added advantage
• Nine (9) years post qualification experience in the asset management or accounting field.
• Three (3) years’ financial management experience in a corporate turnaround environment will be an added advantage
LEGAL CERTIFICATION / PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
• Full Professional Accounting qualification i.e. ACCA, CIMA, CA
Remuneration: The Company offers a competitive compensation package, commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience.
If you fit the bill, kindly send your application, latest CV and certified copies of certificates and Identity document (OMANG) to: email@example.com, Attention: General Manager – Support Services and Human Resources, P.O Box 700 Gaborone
NB: We respond to shortlisted candidates only.
CLOSING DATE: 22nd September 2023