REPORTS TO: Head of Network Operations
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
• To lead the high quality service of Operations Support Systems (OSS) for all network nodes management systems connected on the OSS including transport network, Core Network for Fixed and Mobile, RAN Nodes, Configuration Management, Performance Management, Element Management, Fault Management and TN Management systems on different vendors for all services ensuring high performance on all systems at all times to meet internal customer satisfaction targets.
• Provide effective technical support on business and technology financial activities to engineers and technicians.
• Continually introduce and lead quality improvements within the OSS, influencing the design, planning and implementation of network management tools proposed by other departments.
• To lead and build a pool of skilled engineers on OSS, NOC, BSS/Core and TN as well as Optimization teams 5. Design, create and own statistical and fault reports for different management and teams including Optimization, NOC, management and executive personnel. The reports and node outputs must be automated and sent to relevant identified email recipients at the agreed scheduled times but can also be as per random requests and should be for all the systems on both Fixed and Mobile networks as well as support systems.
• Degree in Telecommunications, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, IT or equivalent.
• Post Graduate qualification in any field, preferably Project Management.
• Six (6) years Telecommunications experience, 2 of which should be as an OSS Senior Engineer.
LEGAL CERTIFICATION / PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
• ERB complaint.
• Membership of a professional association will be an added advantage (IEEE, BIE etc.).
• ERB compliant.
• Membership of a professional association will be an added advantage (BIE, IEEE, TMForum, etc
Remuneration: The Company offers a competitive compensation package, commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience.
If you fit the bill, kindly send your application, latest CV and certified copies of certificates and Identity document (OMANG) to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: General Manager – Support Services and Human Resources, P.O Box 700 Gaborone
NB: We respond to shortlisted candidates only.
CLOSING DATE: 22nd September 2023