BTC SELF-SERVICE ONLINE PORTAL – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following Agreement outlines the terms and conditions that will serve as a legally binding contract facilitating your use of BTC Self-Service Online Portal. The BTC Self-Service Online Portal as referred to herein is a self-service provided by Botswana Telecommunications Corporation Limited (BTC). By participating in, using and continuing to use the BTC Self-Service Online Portal you shall be deemed to be making an affirmative statement of your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Agreement” means the terms and conditions described herein which are binding on both the Customer and BTC.
Conditions of Use” means these Terms and Conditions as may be varied by us from time to time.
Goods and Services” means such goods and services as may be purchased from BTC using the Self-Service Online Portal.
The BTC Self-Service Online Portal is made available to you subject to these terms and conditions:
- BTC will do its best to ensure that you are able to make full use of and access BTC Self-Service Online Portal. However, we do not guarantee that the service will be available at all times and as such will not be responsible or liable for any loss whatsoever or howsoever arising as a result of the unavailability of the service. BTC brings to your attention that the BTC Self-Service Online Portal is not without fault and that factors including, but not limited to, weather conditions, acts of God, natural disasters, planned maintenance or any other may affect the availability of the BTC Online Portal. Such factors may interfere with the quality and provision of online portal services.
- BTC does not warrant that all functionalities will always be available and may withdraw any functionality or the BTC Self-Service Online Portal in general as a direct result of new Upgrades, new functionalities or amended legislation, statutory instrument, Government regulations or policy or any other compelling reason.
- BTC may vary these terms and conditions or policies and the charges affecting usage from time to time with or without notifying the customer. Your continued use of the BTC Self-Service Online Portal shall be deemed to be your acceptance of these varied terms and conditions.
- You agree to pay for your bill and you authorize us to charge your debit or credit card. BTC works with third party payment processing partners to offer you the most convenient payment methods in your country and to keep your payment information secure.
- In some cases, we may pass adjustments to your account. These adjustments will be automatically applied towards specific periods of query as reversals.
- If there was an overpayment towards an invoice/service where you opted to pay a higher amount as per your invoice and you paid more than you were expecting, you can request, within 2 days of your payment, that BTC refund your overpayment. We reserve the right to apply a credit or a refund, at our discretion, depending on capabilities of our payment processing partners. No refund is due to you if you request it after the 2-day guarantee time limit has passed.
- At our discretion, if we believe you are abusing our refund policy, we reserve the right to reject your refund request and to restrict all future refunds with the use of the Services.
- BTC will report any suspicious account activity to its Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO). The MLRO may escalate the suspicious activity to the relevant law enforcement authority.
- BTC shall use all reasonable efforts to ensure that all transaction requests are processed in a timely manner. However, BTC makes no representations or warranties as to continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the BTC Self-Service Online Portal, which may be affected by factors outside of BTC’s control, or may be subject to periodic testing, repair, maintenance or upgrades.
- You agree to indemnify and hold BTC harmless against any claim brought against BTC by a third party resulting from your breach of the Terms and Conditions.
- These Conditions of Use are governed by and shall be construed under the laws of Botswana.
- Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Conditions of Use shall be referred by you or us to the High Court of Botswana, whose non-exclusive jurisdiction you and BTC accept.